Admin Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How To Create A Decent Simple Sig With GIMP 2.6

3 posters

Go down

How To Create A Decent Simple Sig With GIMP 2.6 Empty How To Create A Decent Simple Sig With GIMP 2.6

Post  Leo 2010-06-26, 10:47

Today, I will show you a tutorial on how to create a simple or decent signature with GIMP 2.6. You will be done soon! It's simple!

How To Create A Decent Simple Signature With GIMP 2.6!

1. If you do not have GIMP 2.6 go to this Download Link For GIMP 2.6

2. Wait for it to finish downloading it takes a while, because it took a while for me so just wait till it finishes.

3. After it finished open up GIMP 2.6 If the image it is not a dog and and painbrush in his mouth or it doesn't say GIMP 2.6. Then you have the wrong downloaded item. Open up gimp, minimize it because you will need some good text, renders and brushes.

4. Go to this link Da Font Link Click search for a font that will stand out and that you like. Download it, by clicking the download image on the edge corner on the right top. You also need WinRaR but I didn't need it. So probably a box will pop up saying you do not have winrar so you need to download it. If you do not have it that will pop up. If you do not have it press close. Highlight the text that is the font and extract it onto your desktop. So move it onto your desktop. Go to Computer, your Network click on the name you have, then click users. Then your name folder, you will see a list of folders, click GIMP 2.6 and click fonts. Then from your desktop drag the font onto the fonts folder. Then you will have your font you downloaded!

5. Not to have you wast time but close GIMP 2.6. After everything you need is downloaded open it because it needs to upload the font and brushes on it. Go to this link ► Free Download Of Brushes after scroll down and click any type of brush you wanna download by clicking DOWNLOAD BRUSH SET HERE do the same thing on the fourth step. Just drag it into the brushes folder not fonts folder.

6. After you got your font and brushes we need to find a render! Go to this link ► Planet Renders Gallery List So go find a render in a category, example I went to Anime/Renders Gallery! Find your render. After your image will pop up on your window with info and stuff. Click the image again, there will be another window. Right click and Save As.. In a folder you have.

7. So you've got everything you need! Brushes, render and fonts! Open GIMP 2.6, then you will see you fonts and brushes there! So go to File > New create a image size you want I prefer 400 x 120 (PIXELS) So go to paint brush and the bottom will have some options, click on the big black circle beside the word Brush. Change it to the brushes that you downloaded you can change the size the scale back and forth. Start cicking on your blank white image and put the painbrush where you want to put it. After that go to where you had saved your render. If you want to colorize go to Colors tab on the top, then colrize and move the scake back and forth and watch the color on your image.

8. Right click your image and click Edit With GIMP if there is any additonal text, like the creators name click the eraser and erase it. Then nothing should be lef tbut your render's image. Then right click, go to Image, then Scale Image... Then scale it i prefer height is 135 and then click on width and it will do it itself. Click Scale. Then right click, click Edit then Copy. Go back to your signature image, right click, and go to edit again and press paste. If it is too big or too small, Control Z it to delete the image and then keep scaling.

9. If you wanna rotate your render a bit go to the Tool Bar and click the Rotate Tool, it has yo arrows going in a circle and two squares, it's on the third row. Click, that move the scale back and forth and watch your render, it will move if you have it as like you want it click Rotate.

10. Now go the your text tool and type with the text you downloaded, if you cannot figure out what it is go back to the folder that you have your downloaded text in. Look at the name, and then go back and type in the name on the first text box saying Text: it will come up if it can find it. Then click on your image and type you text in. If you want to rotate do the same as how I told you to rotate the picture. And your done!

11. Go to file Save Ass.. and save in a folder! Don't save jpg. it makes your image blurry. Save png.

Extras: If you want a thin border go to Filters Tab, Decor, Add Border, you can change the size and color. And your ofically done!

All typed by Leo.
This was not copied or anything.

You shold've ended up with something like this:
How To Create A Decent Simple Sig With GIMP 2.6 Akamar10
Leo
Leo
Designer
Designer

Bob Points : 268

Pets
Food: 0

Back to top Go down

How To Create A Decent Simple Sig With GIMP 2.6 Empty Re: How To Create A Decent Simple Sig With GIMP 2.6

Post  Niki 2010-06-26, 10:56

Thanks for this leo
Niki
Niki

Bob Points : 43

Back to top Go down

How To Create A Decent Simple Sig With GIMP 2.6 Empty Re: How To Create A Decent Simple Sig With GIMP 2.6

Post  Leo 2010-06-26, 14:35

You followed my tutorial already??
Leo
Leo
Designer
Designer

Pets

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob 2010-06-28, 12:40

You need images!
Bob
Bob
Owner
Owner

Bob Points : 311

Pets
Food:

https://admincommunity.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Leo 2010-06-29, 11:32

What do you mean images?
Leo
Leo
Designer
Designer

Pets

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob 2010-06-29, 15:00

Like, the steps to it, using images screenshots.
Bob
Bob
Owner
Owner

Bob Points : 311

Pets
Food:

https://admincommunity.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Leo 2010-06-30, 11:35

Well, I can't cause my parents don't let me.
Leo
Leo
Designer
Designer

Pets

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down